Legally Not Snatch Game 2020 Rules
We’ve heard some people say this event seems rather familiar, but we can assure you it’s all pure coincidence! Anivents Unlimited presents a new late-night game show unlike anything you’ve ever seen before! Eight contestants must stretch the limits of their charisma, uniqueness, nerve, and talent to match our guests’ responses to questions and snatch themselves a victory! Wait… you say you’ve heard that line before? ¡Escándalo!
How it Works:
- Legally Not Snatch Game is based on the classic TV show, Match Game, where contestants attempt to match our guests’ answers to fill-in-the-blank questions.
- You can find a well-known example of another game show, also based on Match Game, here.
- This event is in-character, so contestants will be expected to act and answer questions as the characters that they are cosplaying.
- The host will direct a question to one guest at a time. All contestants and the guest must then write down their responses at the same time.
- Contestants must match the guest’s answers in order to gain points.
- If any contestant produces a matching answer, the guest for that question gets a point.
- The catch (or snatch, if you will): Points are not actually tracked and have no bearing on which contestant wins the event. The winner is selected by audience applause based on their in-character acting and/or comedy skills.
- Contestants will have the opportunity to win not just a Large Prize voucher for the Tsukino-Con Prize Room, but also a Gold Pass for Tsukino-Con 2021, valued at $100!
- Submissions, Deadlines and Check-In
- All contestants will submit their entries for Legally Not Snatch Game via the Online Submission Form. This form will be open for submissions on Wednesday, January 1st at 12:01AM PST.
- Deadline for submissions will be Friday, February 7th at 11:59PM PST, and due to limited capacity, submissions will be limited to 8 contestants total. If you want the chance to show us what you’ve got, you had better get your entries in ASAP!
- There will not be a submission cap for this event. 8 contestants will be selected based on their submissions.
- All contestants MUST be present and checked in by 10:40PM on Friday, February 21st in ECS 123. Any contestants who are not present and checked in by 10:40PM will have their entries forfeited and will not be permitted to perform in the event.
- Because this is an 18+ event, both attendees AND contestants will be required to present valid ID in order to get in, so if you don’t have your ID with you when you get to the door, you will be denied entry, and if you are a contestant, your position will be forfeited, so you had better bring your ID with you!
- Modification of Online Submissions
- If you need to modify your entry after it has been submitted, you may use the “Edit Response” link provided in your Confirmation Email. You DO NOT need to submit a new entry.
- It is the contestant’s responsibility to ensure that all information on the Online Submission Form is correct and complete prior to submission.
- We will NOT accept requests for manual modification of entries via email. You MUST modify your entry via the “Edit Response” link provided in your Confirmation Email.
- All modifications to entries must be completed by Friday, February 7th at 11:59PM PST.
- It is the contestant’s responsibility to review and modify their submitted entries for any potential errors as necessary.
- All entries will be finalized once the modification deadline has passed.
- Contestants may withdraw their entries at any time.
- Language and Content
- No nudity.
- Bare pectorals are permitted whereas bare breasts are not.
- No discriminatory remarks against anyone, scripted or not, based on their race, colour, ancestry, place of origin, religion, physical or mental disability, sex, sexual orientation, or gender identity or expression.
- No nudity.
Failure to comply with any of the above rules may lead to disqualification from the event, and potentially being stripped of your badge and banned from convention grounds, depending on the severity of the infraction.
The contents of this page are subject to change without notice. Please check back periodically in order to ensure that you receive the most up-to-date information.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact the event organizer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Submissions for Legally Not Snatch Game at Tsukino-Con 2020 have now closed.